Foods to Boost Baby and Toddler Immune Systems
At this time of year, we're always looking for ways to boost our immune systems, especially with little ones entering the world of playgroups, childcare and school. While there is no magic elixir to make our bodies bulletproof, there are ways to create the right environment for our immune systems to thrive.
Our immune systems really are systems, with different body parts and body systems playing a role. Our bodies function best when we are living a healthy lifestyle, which includes eating! Here are some foods high in nutrients that support our immune system.
- Vitamin C - Citrus, Bell Peppers, Strawberries, Kiwi, Kale and Broccoli
- Vitamin D - Eggs, Cheese, Tofu, Salmon and Mushrooms
- Zinc - Beans, Nuts, Seafood and Cereal
- Vitamin A (Beta Carotene) - Sweet Potato, Winter Squash, Kale, Carrot and Mango
- Protein - Meat, Fish, Milk, Yogurt, Eggs, Nuts and Legumes
- Prebiotics - Garlic, Onion, Asparagus, Banana, Barley and Oats
- Probiotics - fermented foods like Yogurt, Kefir, Kombucha, Sauerkraut and Miso
At Pureyay, we always include lots of immune boosting fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes, plant-oils and seeds to support your little one's growing body.